The hardest thing about my dairy free diet is going to social events and not eating a thing because the food tends to be loaded with butter or cheese. What a huge bummer for me.
Anyway, I am on a quest to make tasty, dairy-free appetizers I can eat.
Recently I tried something new: Healthy red pepper pesto squares and my husband loved them. You can make them in 4 min. from start to cleanup and they are delicious.
- 12 thinly sliced squares of Super Firm Tofu
- 12 1/2 inch slices of Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp of basil pesto sauce (enough to lightly cover 12 crackers)
- 12 Organic Wheat Square Crackers
- Place 12 Wheat Square Crackers on a piece of foil
- Cut 3 thin slices off a block of Super Firm Tofu
- Cut each thin slice of tofu into 4 equal squares
- Place 1 tofu slice onto each cracker, then place into a toaster oven at 350 for 2 minutes (optional)
- Remove from toaster and place 1/8th to 1/4th a teaspoon of basil pesto sauce onto each cracker
- Top with slice of red pepper and serve
Yes, my meat and potato husband wanted more, if can you believe that?